Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open a form to create ONLY ONE new record, not multiple new records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHohn

Programmer
Aug 30, 2001
US
Hi all,
I want to open a form to enter only one new record. So, I set the "Data Entry" property of the form to 'Yes.'

However, I don't want to be able to add any other records except for the first new one. Unfortunately, "Data Entry" mode allows multiple new records to be created. Again, I only want one new record to be available.

The situation I am trying to avoid, is when someone uses the scroll wheel on the mouse, they get sent to the next new record, instead of scrolling down the list of a combo box (Access 97). Thus, all the data looks as if it is lost. I would force entry on the first field, make a property change and RecordSource change, based on that first field. Sadly, the combo box is the first field on the form.

Your help is appreciated.

Under the Form's Properties "Other" tab, set the "Cycle" property to "Current Record", and you can remove the Navigation Buttons by setting that property to "No", just to be sure.

Paul

Perfect! I appreciate the help! Thank you.

Actually the Cycle Property does not affect the scroll wheel on the mouse. I was still able to scroll to the next/new record after entering the first field.

Any other ideas, someone?

Thank you for the help.

Oh yes, I will try this. Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back