Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open a csv file in a html frame in ie using JSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaelle

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
FR
Hi !

After parsing a file in CSV, I have to display it in a frame.
When I did a prototype of my application, the HTML code :

<FRAMESET rows=&quot;110,*&quot; border=0>
<FRAME name=&quot;haut&quot; src=&quot;BarreFadet7.htm&quot; scrolling=no>
<FRAME name=&quot;main&quot; src=&quot;Result_20020820135422.csv&quot;>
</FRAMESET>

would make what I want, which is open a dialog box which asks the user if he would rather download or open the file, and if he clicked open, he would see the csv in an excel sheet IN ie, in the lower frame.

Now that I am working with JSP (under Websphere 3.5.4, solaris 2.8, jdk 1.2.2), the exactly same code would, when the user asks to open the file, open excel and display the CSV file in it instead of loading an excel sheet in the lower frame.

What can I do to avoid this ?
Thanks to anyone who can help me !

Gaelle.

Salut Gaelle,

I'll answer in english to be understood by everyone.
Did you change your browser or OS between your prototype and the final version

p.s : if you prefer french, mail direct to martin.hardy@ca-logitaine.fr Water is not bad as soon as it stays out human body ;-)

Thanks for try and help me !

In fact I do have changed of OS, since I was simply opening my HTML pages under ie under Windows NT, and now I work with WebSphere under Solaris 2.8, but the client is still a windows NT pc (my own), with the same version of ie.

so : you were before working locally (with url of type &quot;file://...&quot;) and now, you use http protocol ?
Take a look in security options in IE (You can, for exemple add the url of your site in the list of intranet urls ). Water is not bad as long as it stays out human body ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back