Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ooter summary data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data69

Technical User
Jan 24, 2003
US
have a report that I run that shows me call history on my departments call flow. The report pulls the data from a stored procedure. I want to build a summary in the footer based on data in my grouping with in the report. The cross tab is not providing me the ability to layout the data in a n order my manager wants. Can I manualy create a cross tab or how can I design a summary in the footer that allows me to grab summarized fields from my grouping above?

You don't describe what is the order you need. If it is a TopN order, CrossTabs have their own TopN sort option...

Assuming a CrossTab is still out of the question, you could consider using a subreport or grab the values into an array variable and use the array to present info in the report footer.

hth,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

If I create a subreport I can actual group group variables from the main report? Can you provide an example?

No need for moving group values from the main report to the subreport. Just design the subreport to present the data they way you want it.

hth,
- Ido

I am not sure I understand. I have created groupings and formulas in my main report. i now want to grab these values and place them in a summary type format. I need to see the data with out all the details in the footer. How do I pass this to the subreport?

Just design the subreport to show the information you want. The subreport doesn't need to show detail information.
Insert the subreport in the Report footer.

Have you used subreports before?

By the way, can you explain why a CrossTab is not possible in your case (note the TopN option I mentioned in my 1st reply).

Cheers,
- Ido

I am not sure what you mean about TopN in respect to cross tab. Every row I insert gives me a total for it. i need to get rid of that. I have written many reports, but not to many subreports or cross tabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back