Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OO4O question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

subhavs

Programmer
Nov 27, 2000
US
Hello everyone,

I am attempting to create a VB app using OO4O. I have included the ORACLE Data Control on my form and trying to create a session using the following code -

dim OraSession as object
set OraSession = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession").

My code is erroring out with the message - "ActiveX component can't create object".

Could you please tell me what I am missing ? Thanks in advance for the help,

- Subha Nothing is impossible, even the word impossible says I'm possible.

I don't work with Oracle and have never used that object before but did you include a reference to that
"OracleInProcServer.XOraSession" object.

Go to Project menu and select references. Within the box that appears, you should look for the appropriate library for the "OracleInProcServer" and include it with your project.

Also, you can try:

dim OraSession
set OraSession New OracleInProcServer.XOraSession

Once you type the New keword and hit the space bar, the VB environment should create a list of different objects you can instantiate. If you don't see your particular object available then you are most likely missing the "Reference" I mentioned above.

I hope that helps.

bye
Jim

Oracle is not a MS Office Object ,you most make a connection with the Oracle database and not CreateOBJECT

Eric De Decker
vbg.be@vbgroup.nl

Licence And Copy Protection AxtiveX.

Download Demo version on my Site:
Promotions before 02/28/2001 (free source codebook),visite my site

You CAN use CreateObject to create the OO4O session but it sounds like the OO4O dll isn't registered on your machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back