Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OnTime

Status
Not open for further replies.

orcom

ISP
Jun 8, 2000
US
Hello,<br>When I want to run a sub routine in VBA at a specific time of day <br>it's &quot;Application.OnTime TimeValue (Time), &quot;Sub Routine&quot;&quot;<br>I'm trying my hand at VB and was wondering if there was an equivalent or <br>how it’s done.<br>Any help would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>Thank you<br><br>Daidone<br>Orcom Solutions

have you checked the MSDN (if you dont have the msdn library, you can see it free online at msdn.microsoft.com under the library button, or just search for it.) <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML,Visual InterDev 6, ASP(WebProgramming), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

Hi. You can launch your Apps when windows is starting (In registry for example) & every 5sec you look the time & when you want you launch your Apps.<br>I've never see the function your talking about Apps.OnTime ???<br><br>Try my game aginst Pokemon : <A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

I have checked MSDN (I have it up all day) but being new on the scene there's a lot to sort through. I'm just at stand still with an interface I built for file manipulation. It works great but I want it to work great on its own at 1am.<br><br>Thanks for the response.<br><br>&quot;Apps.OnTime&quot; is a product of VBA. Ie. excel, access...<br><br>I have a registry key set for it to run on boot up.<br>Are you saying &quot;have it check the system time every 5 sec and then launch when it matches mytime&quot;??<br><br>Thank you<br>

Have you looked at the scheduling tool in control panel? (Win98)<br> <p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>Please -- Don't send me email questions without posting them in Tek-Tips as well. Better yet -- Post the question in Tek-Tips and send me a note saying "Have a look at so-and-so in the thingy forum would you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back