Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only Windows Administrator user can launch VM Pro client

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcosgrove

Vendor
Feb 10, 2004
US
Hello all. I recently upgraded to R9.1.12. I can open VM Pro client with no issues from the Administrator account on the windows server. VM pro Service is running as a Local system account. Any other Windows users, although they are administrators, cannot launch VM Pro client. You get an Explorer.EXE error window that pops up that states: The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed. You may not have the appropriate permissions. Anyone see this before and can point me in the right direction?

Sounds like you have a Windows permission issue. Check the VM Pro install folder permissions.

I ran in to this problem. The VW folder will be locked. I just add the 'Everyone' user to the folder permissions and that will fix it.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thanks for the insights. I've played around with the permissions a bit, but still cannot fully launch the client. Now, as soon as try to launch, I get a Voicemail Pro Client error window that says "Voicemail Pro Client has stopped working." Even when I Run as Administrator. Still works fine when logged into Windows as Administrator.

Did you change the whole VM folder? You might try changing permission on the IP Office folder as a whole. (can't remember for sure which I changed) Seems like it was just a 9.1 issue.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Yes, I gave full access to the Avaya, IP Office, VM, folders. Even down to the VoicemailPro.exe.

What happens if you do not install it in the Program Files folder?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Have you tried just installing the Voicemail Pro client whilst logged in with the account of the user who will use it?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back