Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only show one db

Status
Not open for further replies.

andersw

Technical User
Sep 18, 2000
SE
I wonder if there's a way to get Enterprise manager to only show one db instead of all the databases a server may have? I mean when you open the 'Databases' directory it shouldnt show all the dbs only the ones I have access to or perhaps one special I define.. or something.. just so I dont have to sit around waiting for it to read all the dbs..

Hope that's clear enough.. bye bye [sig][/sig]

The closest you could come is having it not show the System databases (MSDB, etc.). There is no way to my knowledge of not showing databases in the EM to which you do not have access. [sig]<p>Robert Bradley<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= - Visual FoxPro Development</a><br> [/sig]

Edit the server registration properties and uncheck the option for &quot;Show System Databases and System Objects&quot;.
B-) [sig] <br>
<br>
<br>
********Byte me ********[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back