Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ONLY Reading From The Registry 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAG14

Programmer
Sep 26, 2003
GB
Hi All,

I know this is well-used subject, however I have always use Save and GetSetting for my Registry values.

Now I need to read one value from the registry and use it in my program.
The previous thread search and FAQ's are very full and complete for read/write, however, I want to compact this code into just READING from the registry, and moreso, just reading ONE key.

I need a very code-efficient solution, and all help will be very gratefully received, I can't make head nor tail of the read/write code to compact it myself!!! (All Say Duh!)

Many Thanks in Advance. [spineyes]

jgjge3.gif
[tt]"Very funny, Scotty... Now Beam down my clothes."[/tt]

You were right, that worked. That should get me by for now, but I will still need to find out what version of QT they are using.

I am developing CD presentations in Director and the user will need QuickTime 5 or later.

Thanks a lot for the help, if anyone has anything on my version issue I'd be greatful for the help.

Regards,
Dave

Serial,

Apple Only Started using the "Apple Computer, Inc." Key in Quicktime 5.

If you use the Andy's Code and put a second clause in it, If this Key exists and the "Quicktime" Key Below it exists, then quicktime 5 or higher is installed.

After finding this key, use the previous suggestion (Folderpath) to make sure that Quicktime is STILL installed on the PC and has not been uninstalled.

Hope this helps.

jgjge3.gif

Alternatively, use the GetFileVersionInfo API on c:\windows\system32\QuickTimeCheck.OCX

This file is updated with each version of Quicktime.

Hope this helps.

jgjge3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back