Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only one entry in ipAddrTable??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnohifi

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2006
CA
Hello guys. I'm a new Optivity user. I have a question regarding to the ipAddrTable for my Nortel and 3COM switches.

There are 10+ devices plugged to the switch. However, according to the ipAddrtable, it stores only one ip address (the ip for the switch). Do I need to manually enter my devices ips to the switch?

Thanks,
Jason

Nortel Optivity tools only support Nortel devices.

ESM (Enterprise Switch Manager) uses only the topology information learned by the Nortel devices and therefore can work with one or more L2 or L3 device as seed device(s). Connected devices must receive each others topology packets, this means they don't "see" each other over a L3 connection.
Third party devises are NOT supported.
Adding devices manually is not supported.
Use a seed address for each isolated group of devices.

ENMS (Enterprise Network Management System) uses routing tables and ARP information to discover a network and therefore needs one or more L3 device seed device(s). ENMS can find and use other vendor's devices.
Unsupported devices can be added manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back