Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only one client connection possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxfox

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2003
DE
Hello!
We do have the following configuration:

-Pervasive 2000i SP3 on Win 2000 Server
-Pervasive Workstation Engine 200i SP3 on several Workstations

Well, the problem is, that only one client can connect to the Server - simultaneously working is not possible. The Server has 5 Licences. I can ping the server and the clients by name and IP Adresses. The clients can access the server without any problems.
If the first client is connecting to the server using Pervasive everything works fine. The second and all the other ones are getting the message 85 or 116. It doesnt depend on the client, because if i try to connect to the server client by client and close the connection from every single client, it works very well. But not two clients or more at the same time.
So what can i do?
bye, Werner

Sounds like your client's aren't all using the server engine. The 85 is a FIle is Locked and is typical when two engines try to open the same file. THe 116 is very similar. Have you run a PSA network test? If so, what was the outcome? Have you considered updating to SP4?

info@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Well, the solution was to add a default gateway to the tcpip network settings on Win2000. I've added the IP of the Pervasive Server, which is also the DNS Server and btw the only Server on the Network. Is that a clear/possible solution or did i just have luck that its working now?
bye, Werner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back