Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only manual client install is working

Status
Not open for further replies.

komando

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2006
US
Hello,

I have installed an SMS 2003 server SP2 in our AD environment. It is detecting all the systems properly. The only issue that I am having is that the client installation from SMS console is not working. I have to manually run the client setup on the target machine, only then it appers in "All Client Systems" query. Another thng that I noted is that even manual install on the client won't run from ccmsetup.exe but I have to click on client.msi file to lauch the setup. Please help me figure out a resoltion so that I can install clients from SMS console itself as I ahve about 200 systems in my AD environment. I am not sure what additional info might be useful in this issue but if any needed I can provide it upon requirement.

Thanks in advance

I also noticed that when I try to install advanced client from SMS console, there is no CCMsetup folder created in the system32 directory on the target machine. I have checked the client installation method, it is advanced and the account that I have specified is a domain admin.

Komando

Do you have your boundaries setup for your primary site server?

No I have not setup any bundaries as there is only one domain in a single physical facility. Everything is on the same subnet. Do I still need to set the bundaries.

Yup, you could go ad site or the ip subnet, but something has to be in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back