Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only listing one Record per Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike555

Technical User
Feb 21, 2003
US
I have an Access Form that allows users to move through all records via Navigation Buttons and the mouse scroll bar. Users open the form to a specific record by specifying a unique key upon entry, but are then able to browse through all records. How can I have the form only display one record at a time? I've disabled the Navigation Buttons, but users still use the mouse wheel.

Hopefully this can be done without recreating the form.

Thanks!

Have you tried adding a filter or criteria to your recordsource based on the unique key? By doing this, there will only be one record for the form to use.

Yes I've done that, but this method still allows the user to scroll their mousewheel and goto a new record. (The filter returns the correct record, but it still allows them to create a new record inside the filter by scrolling the mousewheel) The common reaction when this occurs is "HELP!!! I'VE ERASED MY INFORMATION!!!!!", when infact all they have done is moved from their record to a new one. I would like to prevent this from happening and only allow for one record to be available at a time.

Set the "Allow Additions" property of the form to 'No.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back