Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only Internal Email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2007
US
I have a primary domain on a subnet with an Exchange 2007 server, and I just created a new, test domain on a different subnet and created a 2003 Exchange Server.

I'd like to set up the 2003 server so that it can only receive email from mailboxes on the primary or test domains, and only send email to mailboxes on the primary or test domains. No other domains allowed.

I thought I would do this in the SMTP connector's address space settings by removing the * and adding my two domain names, but I can still send email out to gmail. What am I missing?

Internet Connector / Delivery Restrictions and add accounts you only want Internal email for to the 'Reject Messages From' list.

Send Connector on 2007 going to 2003 and back would need to be for dev.domain.local rather than *.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back