Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only allow 2 users to log onto XPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatsby1000

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2003
US
How can I only allow only 2 users to log on to XP pro? I would like only the Administrator and a power user to be the only persons allowed to log on. The machine is on a domain, so it allows all users to log in.

Can you explain a bit more please. Is this just your personal machine at work, which you want to apply this restriction to - or are you an administrator on the domain - and this is a requirement for your network?

And what sort of domain (NT/2k/2k3)?

I'm an admin on an NT domain. I only want one user to be able to log on, and myself.

Probably local group policy editor then - run gpedit.msc on XP machine. Computer Configuration|Windows Settings|Security Settings|Local Policies|User Rights Assignment|

Deny logon locally and Log on locally options should enable you to set it up as you want I think. Try it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back