Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Online training for ColdFusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

aidan

Programmer
Jan 18, 1999
GB
Has anyone come across any web sites (other than Webmonkey) that offer good tutorials on how to use ColdFusion? TIA :)

Cold Fusion comes with an HTML manual / Tutorial. Well, at least mine did. I have the Single User edition.<br>
<br>
The default is 127.0.0.1\CFDOCS\user\contents.htm<br>
<br>
127.0.0.1 is your local server.

I am interested in coding a forum type messageing system (similar to this one here) and would like to have some input as to how to get started in this project. As you might ascertain, I am pretty new at this and would appreciate any upfront help in starting out correctly. The data base will be used by engineers on different projects, with ability to comment to each other on those projects. Also, has anyone seen any good cf chat systems?<br>
rmahan@us.hsanet.net

Check out cfstudio 4, it has some very helpful wizards. Try one out and then dissect the code. Pretty easy that way. Best of luck!

We purchased the skill building with Cold Fusion cd-rom based product. It is an entry level course into Cold Fusion. i don't know if there is an advanced version available. If their is I'd like to know about it.<br>
<br>
BTW - I was happy with this as a good quick start although it is pretty basic if you have any program and/or web development background.<br>
<br>
I believe the price is $295.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back