Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Online Mailbox Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyaidan

Programmer
Apr 9, 2003
IE
Hi Guys,
In my job I check an online tech support mailbox everyday. I recently upgraded my PC to a windows XP OS. With the old PC which used windows 2000 when a mail arrived into this account a little icon would appear to notify me but this doesn't happen with the new PC.

Now it may seem as a trivial issue but if an important mail arrives I don't get notified and it could sit in the mailbox until I go and actually open the window myself.
The mailbox is based in another country and there are firewall issues as to why i can't just add the mailbox into my normal outlook account.

It is not happening because I do not have certain settings on Outlook configured or it is some sort of Mail Alert Add-in for Outlook.

Any help really appreciated

Thanks
Aidan

Could be Outlook settings -
In Outlook, go to Tools -> Options -> E-mail Options
Is the "Display a notification message when new mail comes" checkbox ticked?

Claudius (What certifications??)

Hi Claudius,
Thanks for the advice but the mailbox is viewed through an Internet Explorer window not through outlook. Its an online support mailbox.

Any more ideas??

Thanks
Aidan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back