Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

online inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2002
SG
hi,
can i know if someone has done a webserver to host online stock inventory ?
i would like to know how to build one. thanks

Yes it has been done you need some sort of database in the background.

Jason

i want to build an online system whereby i can enter details such as number of hdds, monitors, cables, etc..etc.. i have. Also to be able to search and sort these info from a webpage.
is there any program to help me to acheive this?

sentmeemail,
Sicne I dont know your specs you will have to look.

Also, ASP is a web scripting language that can interact with a database. I would recomend either buying a complete package or hiring someone to write one for you. Your other option is to start reading lots. Its easy to learn if you've ever done any programming.

Scott Heath
AIM: orange7288

thanks.. but i don't have any budget to buy these products... therefore i can only try to build one on my own.
Is there any good reference site out there which i can learn to build this?

I dont really have any good sites. But start of by learning Access. From what it sounds like you don't need a large scale database and access is fine for a few thousand objects. Once you get the database design it's as easy as writing the HTMl/ASP ( is a good site for ASP).

Scott Heath
AIM: orange7288

Also here is a the microsoft site:

Here is the link to HTML goodies site on ASP

Do a search with a search engine for ASP in Google and it will help you

Just a question do you have any programming experience??

Jason

Rich Cook -- "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back