Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

online html editor compatible with macintosh 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

goaganesha

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
BE
Hello,

I'm building a website for a someone in php/mysql. He must be able to update the website himself but has no html knowledge. Normally in that case I use an online html editor where there is basic functionality to edit the text online. Problem with this customer is that he uses macintosh and I can't seem to find an editor that works fine on mac. I've also tested the one used at but it didn't work either in safari or internet explorer.

Any ideas?

regards, goaganesha

Your looking for some kind of Rich Text Editor solution here (just more jargon I guess).

I've been looking for myself recently, and have come to the conclusion that the Safari browser just doesn't have the necessary support (yet) to find a working solution. Now... there are several that will work with Firefox on the Mac - if they want to use a Mac and have this kind of functionality they will have to switch (and switching to IE5.2 on the Mac is just not an option IMHO).

Check out these two:

Cheers,
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back