Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Online Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGMAN2999

Technical User
Aug 27, 2003
US
First off, just wanted to say hello. I am new and wanted to say hello.

Now, to the problem. I need some help on the help menu. I got to Illustrator Help under the Help menu and an error comes up and says:

An Adobe Online Error has occured.

Any idea how to fix this. Otherwise, I have no help. Thanks!

Yeah... I've had this over the years too... and have found that installing "Adobe Online" when doing a new install (or a repair I would expect) seems to help, as well as all Help files as well. (obvious.)

Adober Online, should NOT be connected with the basic functionality of Help in Illustrator, as it is a way of getting FURTHER help by going online, but for whatever (buggy) reason, may be needed.

See if this helps.

Sef.

It is alright to decorate construction, but never construct decoration. - Pugin, on Arch.

Did you choose to install adobe online components during install? Have you installed the latest patch from adobe? Also, the help files are just a folder full of html files in your install directory. Just find the file called help.html usually found in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Illustrator 10\Support Files\Help

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back