Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Online Backup for Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

group6

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2005
US
Leaning towards Mozy Pro for the file server. But Mozy cant do mailbox restores, only full db. iBack was recommended. Whats the consensus on either?

Thank you. Thank you very much.

I would suggest going for something that has a proper plugin for Exchange. Just backing up the database files in a standard backup is a recipe for disaster. I don't think that either Mozy or iback have this capability. I see that iback is in Australia - does that mean that you are there as well?

There are a number of online backup systems that cater for MS-Exchange specifically and handle DB and logfile backups as well as individual mailbox backups and restore. In this case as with many google is your friend in finding a local provider of such online backup services.

Lee Mason
Optimal Projects Ltd

Australia? No, my bad. I meant ibackup.

I don't know ibackup but looking at their web site their software does appear to do proper Exchange DB/Logfile backups and can perform Exchange "Brick-Level" (mailbox level) backups. It's probably worth evaluating it to see how it works. In this situation it's always best to perform a full set of tests (inc. restore tests) to make sure that it really works as well as the web site suggests but at first glance it looks pretty good.

Lee Mason
Optimal Projects Ltd

Yes, it looks a great choice for Exchange. Anyone use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back