Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oneway Speech 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMG222

Technical User
Oct 14, 2015
GB
Hi Guys
We have a customer with Mivoice Businees express on SIP lines
Outgoing and direct incoming calls are fine but when an incoming call
is transferred to another extension the user is experiencing one way speech
The user cannot hear the incoming caller but the caller can hear the user
Any Ideas?

100% of the time one-way audio is a networking issue. You need routes to transmit and receive. Check firewall settings to start, next is router configuration. Use Mitel Engineering guidelines for specific ports.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

Yes, probable routing issue. Has internet router been replaced? When your PBX is behind a router, the router must be SIP aware.

Here's my 2 cents worth

Routing
- for routing - make sure everything in path can route to everything (most likely ok if the call can be transferred)
dont forget RTP(Voice) is Peer to Peer - Direct from handset to Arrival point of the Trunk
Delivery method of trunk
- you might need a SIP Proxy to nail down the RTP
Firewall (ports Blocked)
- for firewall - as above make sure SIP ALG is disabled , also not all routers work well with sip
Actual Limitation of the SIP trunk
- Sip Trunk - Has it been certified for use with Mitel
we have had customers that have signed up to any old cheap sip service and are then disapointed to find there are operational issues with the trunks

- Like anything Not all Trunks are created equal and you quite often get what you paid for ( cheap trunk = poor support , limited functionality)

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back