Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OneDrive - Clean Local Cache For A User Remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

tootiredtocare

Technical User
Oct 24, 2011
AU
G'day,

I'm part of a large organisation that sadly has OneDrive available to all its staff. The issue we are having is some of our customers love OneDrive so much they upload everything to it. This in itself isn't a bad thing, but the local PC drives are filling up with cached OneDrive data which is bad. I've had one customer with 300GB+ locally. Whilst I can provided instructions to our customers on how to clean this up themselves, this relies on customer cooperation which I'm not keen on. Is there a way to properly remove their local cached OneDrive remotely as an admin without it impacting their online copy?

I've never tried, but I'm at least thinking this may be able to be done through Group Policy.
Here's a search I did along those lines:

And here's a discussion that may have a pretty decent method to tackle it:

And then here's a Microsoft page that may help by controlling OneDrive sync settings from GPO:

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back