Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Onebox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njoro82

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2013
SE
Hi,i have customized greetings which play on one of my call processor,but i have realized when someone is prompted to leave a voice mail message,the customized greetings plays to all lines after leaving the voicemail,
How do i separate this confusion,and i ensure the customized greetings plays only to specific lines without overflowing to other extensions?

doktor/monro,any idea?

Not sure, what you mean? please clarify or give an example...

///doktor

I have this line 2700,when there is an incoming call to this line,it answers to customized greeting message that prompt a caller to press either 1,2,or 0 to answer to different departments or speak to the operator,this works fine. But when someone call other lines,and the extensions are not answered, they are prompted to leave a voice mail message,soon they record and send the voice message,the customized greetings on the above line(2700),continues to play,my expectations is for a call to terminate when a caller leaves the voicemail message,how can i ensure the call terminates soon after a caller leaves a voice message,but the customised greetings plays only on line 2700.

Hi Njoro
it is like that. after leaving the voicemail msg to the extension, the voicemail continues to play the greeting msg, to allow the caller to reach another extension, if the caller wish to. If the caller doesnt want to continue, simply hang the call. [at any moment]

Regards
Monro

hi monro,somehow is not the best ,but if the case then,will have to train users to hung up soon after sending VM messages,
thanks

Hi again
Maybe you can send some screen dumps to me: savedmessage at Hotmail.com
I am not sure what the problem is.

///doktor

Oh yes, there is something wrong. how many call processors do you have? post a "print screen shot" thru imageshack.us of each call processor.
and you are right, after leaving the message, the call will be terminated by saying "thank you for calling".

Hi Monro//Doktor
Am not sure how to send screen shot on this forum,have tried and it accepts URL only,here is my gmail account(njoroge82@gmail.com),drop me a note and will respond with the screen shot attachments,Monro;got only one call processor

Doc,let me know whether you've received my email///

I have received it, and will look into the matter ina few days from now.

///doktor

I have send you my report. Please cheack and report back.

A small general hint for all OneBox installers and administrators:

Set TO (Time-Out) to “go to Callprocessor XXXX ( where XXX is the same number as the callprocessor itself). If you do this, call will have the greeting repeated up to 3 times before they will be disconnected.
Or
If you want at e.g. the night answer to give informations about opening/closing hours, this information can be recorded and the time out (TO) should be set to "hang-up".

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back