Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one2many form - Grid in multiuser application

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikos1

Programmer
Jan 19, 2003
GR
I have an one2may form like invoice in one multiuser application with a grid to hold the detail records

The problem is that When the first user edit (inside the grid) some detail records and the same time the second user save another invoice the detail records of the second user
go in the grid of the second user and ofcourse this confuse the first user

I use private datassesions and the link between the master and details records are unique

Thank you

Hi...

Check out the article I suggested in the thread on Pessemistic Buffering. The post is way down toward the bottom. It is a real good article on multi-user editing and buffering and should be of great help.

Probably you do not have your form set up for buffering or possibly buffering is not enabled by setting multilocks on. Anyway... see that post for the article it will help.

Tom Gahagan
edrest@alltel.net

REST

If you get a chance to sit out or dance...

I hope you dance. L Wommack

Thank you for your reply
I use multilocks

But finally i found something in usergroups that helps
The problem is that i use in the lostfocus of a column of the grid the "calculate sum ..."
This i think was the problem.Now i test the form without this commands and i will look is there any information about
bug with calculate

Nikos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back