Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one x

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECCOMMS

Vendor
Jun 23, 2008
US
Hello all ,

anyone have any hands on experience with ip office one x ?
I hear its simple to use id you have used it do you like it? is it useful?

dunno, but i managed to pass the exams without ever having seen the kit (needed the points....) which is either a good thing as its easy. or a bit worrying.

Do you mean OneX quick edition? If so, we have installed a couple of them. They are a little quirky, but all in all a good product for the money. Good for a small 3 - 10 office, above that they probably have requirements that are above Quick Edition.

they are easy to administer but only because there is not a whole lot of options to do things with, if you get it new make sure you don't purchase the G10 gateway as they are junk use the G11 they work nicely for analog lines. The SIP part works OK and if you are networked then you can administer all sites from one location, make sure you use the latest upgrade if you use mixed environment (SIP AND analog trunks) because there is an issue with DTMF over the analog lines prior to R4.
I deal with the quick edition for about 1.5 years and they are just like the IPO in the beginning, not fun to have on a customer site, but with the new R4 it seems to work a whole lot better and I haven't had any service calls since I upgraded all my sites. Knock on wood

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Great Replies guys

thinking of getting one for one site and use 2 offsite via the WAN connection that can be assigned.

Hows the voicemail and the SIP functionality?

PS the only ones i would buy are the 4.0 to put into a live rotation.

Thanks =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back