Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One X Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOLKOM

Technical User
Jul 9, 2008
AE
We have Avaya IP Office one x portal licenses & Mobility features licenses in my system.

I would like to use IP Office soft phone using my mobile phone (Apple I POD.

Please let me know what do i required to setup one x portal and which model of mobile phones will support.

How about the Droid phone? Any hope there? Just curious as I am phone shopping and would love to interact with my IPO.

LogMeIn client actually works really well for the iPhone.

I'm not an Apple fanboy by any stretch. In fact, during college, only one of my friends owned one, and we all kind of poked fun at him for it. To make a long story short, by the end of college, most of us had turned to the Mac for our home OS out of choice. You don't realize how nice it is to not have spyware and malware F up your PC experience until you don't have to deal with it.

As far as the iPhone goes, and having been a user of MANY devices since I manage all cell phones for my company as well, the only phone that has come close to the quality of the iPhone has been the Droid Incredible. It's a very nice device.

So many others try.. But they just can't get it right. Either the screen sucks, the touch technology isn't clean, the navigation of the menus are frustrating and clunky at best. Blackberry Storms were garbage, Palm Pre's had a nice idea but slow OS and complicated mail setup, the Android OS built-in ActiveSync mail client was poor, and we would use a 3rd party mail client for those phones for a decent mail experience.

So say what you want about being a follower, etc. But the reality is that the aside from the aforementioned antenna issue, it's been a great device for many types of uses. Droid is close behind now as well. RIM should be prepared to lose their market-share within the next 2 years because one if not both will over take them.

hmmm. No nokia's?

E series have practically everything out of the box. (exchange, sip-client, VPN client(!)) Not to mention a sh.tload of free tools out there.

As i look around in my 'world', sales people and gadget freaks have iPhone's. Techies usually don't.

I'm with the Nokia E-series, this is my thrid one.
Started with a E70, then E51 and now a E66. Hoping to get the new E72 now. All had SIP working on my IP406..:)
When the phone gets in the WLAN receiption of my home/work it autoconnects to the IPO. The battery is good 1 day even after 2 years of use (e70) Yes I know sip only supported on recently, but I had voipbuster running on it.

The Andriod Phones are also great, fast and steady. Installed 3 on a customer site as a night monitor/WLAN camera viewer. When on of the 40 AXIS cams sees an alarm, it send the alarm to all Andriod phones they hit the alert button and the app will zoom directly in on to that cam. We installed a trapeze WLAN system with it/the alarm where send by a server over Java (Iphones won't work :p tlpeter)

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Actually to be honest, I haven't seen any Nokia E Series phones that I have noticed. I like the SIP client feature though.

to kinda get back on track. i found an avaya one-x app at the apple store. i have not had the time to set up one-x in my office so i have not used it but has anyone else?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back