Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Portal User Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasBear

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2013
US
I've been hitting my head against the wall with this problem for a good bit. We use the Spark IM client for messaging throughout our network. We could see presence status of all logged-in users, and chat between locations. After upgrading to 9.1, we couldn't see any logged-in users. I finally see a paragraph in the Administration manual that says the default behavior was changed, and users now have to be manually added to XMPP/One-X groups in order to chat and see each other's status. This is fine, I can create XMPP groups in Manager. HOWEVER, these groups have to be associated with a system. This means that I can only add users on that specific location's system to the group. So the locations cannot see each other. No more chatting between locations, etc. So now another Avaya feature has become useless, unless I am not doing something correctly, or there is another way?

Do you have multiple OneX Portal servers or do you use one server for all locations?

If the first is your case enable XMPP federation on these servers. If it is the second it should be enough to have the IPOs connected through SCN links and 1XP should connect to all the IPOs.

There is a single One-X server for all locations, which are on an SCN. It looks like there is a glitch in Manager. You can create a new XMPP group that contains users from all systems. However, if you go back in and edit the group, any users from other systems are removed. I deleted all the XMPP groups and created a new one which worked correctly. I'll just have to remember to delete and re-create the groups when new users need to be added.

Heard about that issue with hunt groups in SCN multiple times. Seems to be an issue within Manager or IPO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back