Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Portal Checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhhClem

Technical User
May 11, 2010
US

Greetings All,

Originally, all I wanted to do was have Phone Manager Pro for some of the staff on a new system I've installed. I thought about down grading to R8.1 from R9.1, which is how the equipment came. But, I was led to believe that license availability might be an issue in the near future. So, now I'm trying to put the "ducks in a row" to install the One-X Portal on a Windows server, mostly for Call Assistant. In reading about the One-X Portal install requirements, I ran across the need for the VMPro server to have the Web Voicemail component installed. Then, in reading about the Web Voicemail part of VMPro I saw the requirement to license Web Voicemail, which wasn't mentioned in the One-X Portal manual. I already knew I would need some Office Worker (Office User?) licenses. Now this Web Voicemail UMS license is in the picture. Are there any other license requirements beyond these 2 types to make Call Assistant work?

And, what are your opinions about going back to R8.1 so that Phone Manager Pro would be fully functional? I'd love to throw this One-X Portal thing out the window at this point. Would the R9.1 licenses already installed work with a downgraded system? So far we have Essential Edition, Preferred Edtion, VMPro 4 Additional Channels, and the additional PRI channels installed, along with the VMPro Recordings Administrators license for ContactStore. Everything is working so far, but the staff at this site would love to have Phone Manager Pro or something like it to finish the job.

I look forward to your suggestions and Thank you in advance for the responses.

SiriusVoiceRep

You don't need Web Voicemail to have call assistant. But you will need at least office worker licenses for every user who want to use call assistant or any other 1XP related service.

Thanks for the response derfloh. That's good to know. I'm guessing that the "Provider" system doesn't need the Web Voicemail for the Call Assistant function?

No it doesn't. Web Voicemail is only needed to play left messages with any client application (OneX Portal, OneX Mobile, Desktop Clients...) instead of playing them on the phone.

How many staff? You can have 4x receptionist licenses for softconsole.

I've been donating to support world hunger for years.
Then I found out they were feeding them.

Thank you derfloh. That's good news about Call Assistant.

It's a fairly small company. About 16 regular phones which goes up to 24 during peak season. They're a limousine company that records every phone call and reviews the recordings to ensure the details are correct. The Call Assistant feature should work for some, but not all of them, if past experience with Phone Manager Pro is any indication. That kind of interface isn't for everyone. We'll spread 5 Office Worker licenses around and see who likes it. Soft Console might be a bit much considering they're small numbers.

Thanks again.

Greetings all.

I met with my customer's IT guy today and we attempted to install the One-X Portal on this new 9.1 system. The install seems to go well with no apparent hiccups. We waited for more than an appropriate time for the service to finish starting, and tried to log in with the browser as the manual instructs. When we enter the web address we get a blank screen. We then tried it as
we got the response that "The requested service (/onexportal-admin.html) is not available." on what seems to be an Apache Tomcat screen. We printed out a list of the ports after using the "netstat" command in a dos window. Most of the ports listed in the docs came up as "Listening", but there were some that had a different status. At this point, all we want is Call Assistant to work. Is it ports that I'm fighting with here? I'd love to move on to the configuration phase.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, SiriusVoiceRep

It's Windows 2008 Server, I think it's 64 bit too. Big rack mount Dell Power Edge with 4 solid state drives in a Raid array. I'm pretty sure it's also VM ware.

I'm not sure this matters, but we installed the portal on the same server as VMPro and ContactStore, on the C: drive. ContactStore is on drive E:.

I'm an Electronics Tech and pretty deep phone guy, but I'm not an IT person. I only know enough IT to be dangerous. I'm guessing I've missed something obvious.

Let me know if you need more details and I'll dig for them.

Thanks

Both ContactStore and one-X Portal for IP Office use Tomcat servers as part of the application. For scenarios with both installed, the one-X Portal for IP Office should be installed using a port selection other than its default 8080, refer to the one-X Portal for IP Office Installation Manual for details.

[URL unfurl="true"]https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100091446[/url]

There's one with a hump. And one who can jump.

Thanks for the reply. That sounds logical. Is there a standard alternate port number for that function? Can it just be anything not already in use? We knew we could change 2 of the port numbers during the install process.

Thanks again.

Or insatll the Linu applcation server wth call recorder & eliminate the issue completly - it will simply work

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I uninstalled 1XP, then reinstalled it with the 8080 port changed to 8084, which wasn't on the ports list previously. There was no hint of Tomcat, just standard 404 error screen, site not available. I'm starting to wonder if this is related to IIS. IIS has been installed but I'm still waiting for an answer about the "Enable Direct Metabase Edit" and "IIS Configuration Compatibility" conditions from the customers IT guy. Can these conditions be put in place post IIS install or can they only be changed during IIS install? I'm assuming I'll have to reinstall VMPro once those conditions are set.

The last couple off onexportal I have installed the login port is 7071 and 9443.
Try those instead.

It can't hurt to try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Is this solved now? Any time after uninstalling one-X Portal on Windows, it is a good idea to restart the machine. Also while uninstalling, make sure that Windows Explorer and Windows services window are closed.

On Windows, the HTTPS port of One-X Portal is 8443. The HTTP port is the one which can be changed during installation. The HTTPS port can't be changed.
Once you change the default port, try accessing one-X Portal Admin at

We finally had to install 1xp on a different machine than the VMPro server. It's mostly ok, but we still have issues with having to restart Outlook to get Call Assistant to update itself.

Life was so much simpler with Phone Manager Pro.

Outlook Plug-In and Call Assistant shares the installer and it it the reason for having to restart Outlook Plug-In to get the update for any of these.

And was there any reason why you could not use application server as previously suggested?

trust me it will save you lots of headaches in the future.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

On Application Server the application installation (VMPro/One-X) is easy as it is part of Application Server installation and ignition process. The Web Control lets one monitor the applications in a better (easier) way. That is where I agreed with you on Application Server. Apart from installation and monitoring rest of the things are same from user perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back