Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Outlook Client 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcsavaya

MIS
Oct 6, 2009
US
Got the new 9.0 outlook client, NOT WORTH THE MONEY IMO. The thing doesn't even have notifications, no ding, just a little red dot....that is annoying. Avaya fail. FWIW I think it has potential, but im not going to force 300 people to keep one-x portal open just to hear a ding....

And what exactly is the purpose of posting a complaint to tek-tips... I fail to see the point here. Post your opinions on twitter or facebook where someone might actually care.

OH I don't know, just in case may be, by chance... someone knew a way to enable some sort of notification, besides a red dot. Oh And may be to let others know before they search through the plug in for days for a notification, that there isn't one. Whats the point in responding?...I fail to understand YOUR point.

Fair enough... didn't exactly sound like a question so much as a complaint is all, I'll see if I can find anything on the notification for you

And I apologize, I should have formed it into a question. Just after paying upwards of 8k for user licensing, we are finding this app is less than functional in a corporate environment.

That's not for the plug in, that is for the desktop notifications when using the one-x portal. And what is really dumb, the chat doesnt populate both places if you use the outlook plug in.

Hmm, it appears your right, I can't find anything on the notification settings for the plugin, I'll touch base with my system engineer after lunch and let you know what he says.

And back to my original message, why in the world would you not include an option for the ding. The sales sheet on this product isnt even CLOSE to what functionality it offers....seems to be a gigantic gap between sales and development at Avaya. Just frustrating!!!!

I think Iceavaya is suffering from a common issue that we are all experiencing with Avaya. In the world of user applications Avaya has no idea. Outlook plug in one x is an example so poorly thought out I hate to sell it.

The other issue is the Avaya will not listen to customers so in the end we give up telling them about the issues.

Just in case you weren't sure what this is about this is called a rant :) just came from a client running Outlook plug in on 50 users. I now have a new asshole.

[cheers]

They used to have an idea, a good one, called Phone Manager. The free version helped sell systems (there's an alien concept to Avaya) and the Pro version could have been developed way past what OXP can do. It did take some installing but so does call assistant or the plugins, oh yes it didn't need a bloody server either.

We can't sell the UCMs as they are just maintenance suicide.
We can't sell OXP, it's clunky and expensive overall.
We can't sell CCR, it's rubbish and they are killing it anyway.
We can't sell the use of Remote workers, it's totally hit and miss.
Voice networking is way overpriced (free on main competition).

The system is great, but they are trying hard to change that with every release it seems. We all enjoy a good rant :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back