Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X mobility Perfered wont connect using Android Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyberius_imported

Technical User
Aug 23, 2010
US
I think that my connection issue is caused by the XMPP setting.
Followed the technical bulletins to the tee.
I can access 1x from an web browser using Set the XMPP setting to phone.abcweb.com, tried the FQDN machine name as well.

This has nothing to do with 1XP being reachable from the internet.
You need certain ports to be open and the external IPaddress must be pingable.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Right, I have ports 8080,5222 and 8444 open.
I will try to get on an outside connection verify ping.

You need 5269 too

BAZINGA!

I thought that I could pass on that as I was not interested in doing server to server federation.

You will need it.
The server to server is just a checkbox.

BAZINGA!

Thanks

I verified that all ports were open by running a telnet command from a remote computer.
Pinging the outside address is not an option as ICMP is turned off on the firewall.

turn it on temp , then pathping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx check results for hop route and delay , you will need icmp TLpeter(the big fat hacking scoundrel) is giving you good advice , ip devices on the ipo need to ping the kit (in there own way) to start connectivity , choose not to follow TLpeters advice and i think you will be stuck.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

I am mistaken about ICMP i think.
I think that ICMP is needed for the remote worker.
I do not think yuo need it for this but you can try.

Read this and check:

The Avaya one-x Mobile application must be able to connect from the Internet to the one-X
Portal and to the IP Office system, using either using a 3G network or an external WiFi service.
Your network setup must support this capability.
If the one-X Portal and IP Office will be deployed behind a router or firewall, the following TCP
ports need to be allowed access through the firewall:
• ports 5222 and 8444 must be open in order for the one-X Mobile application to
communicate with the one-X Portal server; port 5222 is for XMPP traffic and port 8444 is
for bootstrap REST API call traffic
• port 5269 needs to be open for the one-X Portal server to be able to federate with another
XMPP server outside the company firewall
In addition, an FQDN that is resolvable over the Internet must be assigned to the public IP
address of the router that is fronting the one-X Portal. That router must be configured to forward
packets destined to ports 5222, 5269 and 8444 to the one-X Portal; you can achieve this by
creating port forwarding rules on the router.
You must ensure that your network meets these requirements before you deploy the one-X
Mobile application.

BAZINGA!

hacker boy :0) i still think you are correct with icmp but would be interested to know as im setting up 38 of these on Monday... so keep us posted

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

It is late so i am not sure anymore :)
I also have a Bacardi and that did it i guess :)

BAZINGA!

Indeed but i am not sure about 1XM Preferred though.
I think i am mixing up ICMP and FQDN :)

BAZINGA!

hacker plus me posting insecure configs plus friday ...shit man...please be kind to me :)

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Now i undestandthe hacker boy :)
You see that i am slow at the moment :)

BAZINGA!

a simple test would be to try connecting via the web browser first. have you installed the PS1 file into exchange?

a simple test would be to try connecting via the web browser first. have you installed the PS1 file into exchange?
Loging in to 1XP works so that is not the problem.
The PS1 file is only for integration with exchange but not needed for 1XM to work.

BAZINGA!

I also have this problem, internally, i try to telnet 1x server port 8444, it is unable to reach. I've look up the server's ports by netstat, but coundn't find 8444 port is open or not.

Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back