Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X mobile VoIP not connecting on iPhones

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwgs811

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2010
CA
For some reason, I am having issues getting iPhones to register on the One-X app fully in VoIP mode. I only get partially connected. it seems to be intermittant whether it works on wifi, but definitely doesn't on 4G.

However, android phones seem to work without issues, so I know all the ports are ok.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Hey,

You can try to write IP address to the domain name in XMPP server field on 1XP Server.(or 127.0.0.1 if isn't in domain)

Hey Rwgs,

What firmware version are you running. There was a caveat for this sort of thing back on 9.0.3, I believe.

firmware/software is 9.1.4 - i'm sure i read somewhere on these forums or the avaya ones of this happening before - but I can't find anything.

I was having the same issue with iPhones 9.1.4
Make sure that you have a FQDN in the XMPP setting in Portal, that resolved it for me.

It was working fine on Android the entire time, Avaya tech I spoke with said then the devices login differently.

there is an FQDN in portal - I assume it wouldn't work otherwise - the strange thing is it works on older versions of IOS e.g. 9.1, just not the latest one (9.2)

Is your One X Portal running on HTTP or HTTPS?

Typically on iPhone we have to disable Valid Server Certificates in the settings menu within the App. That has always worked for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back