Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Mobile Remote Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skolnick

Technical User
Jul 7, 2011
DO
Hello everyone,

Let go of the one-x mobile app for a few days, but today I decided to try out all of the features. Wanted to try out calling from my 3G network, but I couldn't get the damn thing to register. I've done port forwarding for 5222, 8444 and 5269 on my router. And since I have no firewalls, it should be connecting as far as I know, am I missing anything?

I was thinking about a work around to the issue using two NICs on my One-X Portal server, one with a public IP and the other with my local LAN address, but couldn't get it to work, the machine couldn't reach the internet, anyone have any ideas with this?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Did you set it up in onexportal?
Did you configure the onexmobile client?
It does not work out of the box, it needs setup.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

www.lantel.nl
logolantel.png

Sorry forgot to add I have it working fine on my local LAN (with my cellphone in the same wireless network at my one x portal), I want to try out registering from outside my local LAN.

yes, but i've got my outside ip with a dynamic dns which is what im using as my server name to connect.

doing port forwarding to my one-portal server, not at all to my ipo

But something goes wrong.
What error do you get on the onexmobile client?

BAZINGA!

www.lantel.nl
logolantel.png

When I click the Status button (the red one, which turns green when connected) and all it says is "Disconnected since today at 9:00 AM". Which was when I was able to connect from my local LAN.

Then it looks like the FQDN is not working at all.

BAZINGA!

www.lantel.nl
logolantel.png

Thats just the thing, I pinged from the cellphone to the FQDN, it worked perfectly. Back to the drawing board it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back