Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One x mobile preferred voip mode 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalsteve

Programmer
Mar 8, 2005
US
R9.1 500v2 and server for one x. EVERYTHING works except no audio on voip mode when outside the LAN. Post forwarding issue? I have the ports listed in the doc on the knowledge base for this application forwarded and the split fqdn (or voip mode would not work at all). I know I'm close but need a push across the finish line.

That or NAT issue. When on a call from outside, tap the More button, then Details. What IP addresses do you see here? If any of them are the internal IP it means you have a NAT issue.

ACSS (SME)

So outside the LAN the call connects but no audio? do you have a different set of RTP ports set and are they open on your firewall pointing to IPO?

The call details on the app show my mobile phones IP for local and the public IP of the office router for remote.

Correct, call connects but no audio when on the internet, auido does work when on the LAN. I used the default ports for RTP during setup, if I get it working I will change those. When I use a port check website, 5060 shows open to the public IP of the router but RTP ports show blocked.

All passwords have been set for security.

STUN shows Firewall type as "port restricted cone NAT" and shows the public IP of the router. The RTP ports are forwarded in the router as UDP/TCP because there is no RTP option.

So RTP ports are set to forward to the IPO. What else would be blocking audio over the internet?

On the firewall do you have anything like SIP or H323 Transformations active? DO you have an option for consistent NAT?

| ACSS SME |

Bear in mind some mobile providers block voice traffic on common ports and also so do public WiFi and some home routers, the issue may not be your end, or it could be both....never rule that out :)

Enabled consistent NAT, SIP transformations and H323 transformations and it worked! Thanks everyone!

Along the way my roadblocks were:

Setting the two FQDN and split DNS for the One X server and the IP Office.

Getting a certificate in the right format and the right place on the server to import into One X.

The final piece was turning on open NAT,SIP transformations and H323 transformations in the router.

SOCALSTEVE can you play back Voicemail Messages on One-X mobile client?

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

One-X Client works flawlessly onsite & offsite with exception of VM Playback. Issue has existed since R8.x thru R9.x - App Server Platform. Clients have accepted use of VMail to E-Mail as alternative.

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

When you try to play back the messages from the app do you get the pop up "failed to fetch voicemail"?

We get something much more descriptive and helpful - "Error"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back