Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One X Mobile Preferred on Release 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevlee1983

Programmer
Jul 30, 2007
NL
Hi All,

I have an question about One X mobile Preferred on Release 10.0 SP2.

I had it all working on relase 9.1 SP 8, but after the upgrade to release 10.0 I still have it all working except for the voice part, the registration in the App turns green, and I can setup ann call. But when the call is active there is no Voice(its completely silence). In the App you see that the TX pktn/bytes are going up, but the RX pktn/bytes stays on 0/0.

I looked in at the the changes between release 9.1 and release 10.0 and the nly thing I see that is different is the following:

At the "System->LANX->VoIP" tab you have the option to fill in a Domain Name, and in the release 10.0 you can fill in an SIP Domain name and an SIP Registrar FQDN.

In release 9.1 I Filled in an Domain Name like onex.customer.com, and In the 10.0 release I Filled in onex.customer.com at both places, so as well at the SIP Domain Name as the SIP Registrar FQDN.

This makes tha App green(fully registered), but in a call it keep completely silence, does anyone else als had this problem? And what was the solution?

Difficult one, normally I would say its an RTP firewall issue, but as it was working that seems odd. I know that my upgrade from 9.1 to 10 had no issues and all my new installs at 10 use exactly the same port and system rules as 9.1 did so not sure what to suggest.

| ACSS SME |

Do you have the same adresses filled in the release 10.0 for the SIP Domain name and an SIP Registrar FQDN. Whether you have to fill in another address?

We have the same FQDN in both.

The new one has to match what you enter under Domain on Communicator as that is added to the end of the username ie 2456@onex.domain.com - then if it doesnt match the system the login is rejected.

| ACSS SME |

You need a different FQDN for each device. Onex.domain.com is for the onex portal, and you should have another one ipo.domain.com that is the sip domain for the ip office. Each can resolve to the same WAN IP (externally), but internally they need to resolve to their proper internal addresses.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Not on server edition :)

Which is all I seem to be doing nowadays.

| ACSS SME |

Yeah yeah, server schmerver.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Haha, standard answer from Avaya, afraid to say "We have no f*ing idea so wait for the next release maybe you're lucky....".

Thanks for your replies, let wait for the update(hopefully) this friday,

@CalgaryJeff do you know that the problem is only on SP2 or is this also on the GA release and SP1?

Odd, I have our in house system on 10.0.2 which upgraded from 9.0 then 9.1 and all times one-x mobile is working. I have also installed a new system at 10.0.2 and one-x mobile has no issues on that either.

| ACSS SME |

Thanks for the info, I just upgraded my test system and I will test it tonight.

I tested it last night on my demo system with SP3, and I have still no Voice on the App.

Yesterday I also did an clean install on IPO rel 9.1 SP8, i configured the IP-Office and I had voice on the App, did an upgrade to release 10.0SP3. And again there was no Voice on the One X mobile Preffered App :(

@kevlee1983

Any update on this? I just upgraded Server Edition 9.1 SP8 to 10.0 SP3 and not getting audio as well. Previous version I was. Thanks.

No luck so far, I have an ticket by Avaya with the customers IPOSS contract, but not yet an solution. Avaya says all my settings are fine and that the traces show that the RTP traffic goes into my router and out off my router, but I there is no voice on the mobile. They think we need to find the problem with the Internet provider, but I dont think thats the problem because it works before and I have the problem at an customers site and at my own home, which both worked on release 9.1.

Did you check log files from 1X Moblie client ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back