Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Mobile IPO for iPhone: connects but I'm unable to make calls. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pralph

Programmer
Aug 18, 2011
US
I have IPO with 8.0(18). I have installed the one-x mobile for IPO on my iphone. I created a mobile user on my IPO and am able to connect to my FQDN One-X server, I can IM and see who is online, but I am unable to make a call via the mobile app on my iPhone. When I dial the number and send it says "calling, and the number I dial" but then nothing happens. I have followed the directions and can not make this work at all with the iPhone app. I have been able to make it work with the droid app on a droid phone, but the iPhone app is no workie! Any help is greatly appreciated. My IPO and my one-x is all on 8.0(18). The one-x is running on a vm server and it is the linux version of the one-x.

Thanks

try logging into the onex portal as that user and on the configure tab set your mobile number and save it.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

With the mobile app I have made the user a "mobile" user. I have not been successful in making the user work with an "office worker" license. So, having said that, the user doesn't have access to one-x portal on the mobile client, which is selected in the users profile.

did you try to set a phone number under something like custom on the APP and with mine i had to add the 9 to it for dialing out.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

You need to be mobile user or power user.
Office worker is One-X Portal only.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I have set it as a mobile user and under customer number I have the 9 and the number of my cell phone. Still doesn't work. I don't even see it try to dial out when I monitor active calls with SSA.

Look if it is set for mobile on the app.
I think it is by default on home and when that number is not set then it does do nothing at all :)

BAZINGA!

As soon as I set my location to mobile and try to dial out I get a pop up on the phone wanting me to change my location. I then can change it to customer for example, set the phone number to 9 and my cell phone number and try to dial out and it say calling, but never does actually call. I have noticed also that I am not receiving my voice mail on the app. Do you think it matters that this isn't a real extension? I have created just a user.

Does that user have mobile twinning turned on and did you check the checkbox for One-X Mobile?

BAZINGA!

Ok, I have it working somewhat. I changed the user that I was testing to a user that actually has a real extension on the IPO. I made that user an "mobile user", checked the button for mobility features, mobile call control, mobile app and left the twinning field off and the twinned number blank. I can now set my location on the iPhone to custom, put the 9 and my cell phone and when I dial a number the app calls me and then calls the person that I selected to call. My issue is this....why would I have to have a real extension on the IPO for this mobile app to work?

i think the only way to get mobile and home to work are to set them through the oneX portal.

when you say real ext do you mean a real phone connected or just simply an IP port setup with no phone

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

The way I have it set right now is with a real phone. I am going to try to create an H323 extension to associate my user with and see if that works. But as I said, as of right now, it works if I have a real (digital phone that is plugged in) extension associated with the user that I am connecting my iPhone app with.

You need to turn on twinning and check the option twin when logged off.
Then it will work without an actual physical phone.

BAZINGA!

I have tried to set the user to twinned when logged out and put in the phone number for the twinned phone, it doesn't work. I even tried turning on the mobile callback, no change. The only way I have been able to get this to work with the iPhone app is when I use a user that actually has an extension on the IPO. Hopefully this isn't the way this is going to stay.

It does work, i have done the same a couple of weeks ago.

BAZINGA!

Have you used either monitor or system status to investigate?

I forgot this one.
You really need to look in monitor what happens.

The difference between the Android and the iPhone app is that the Android app can set dialing rules while this cannot be done on the iPhone.
This needs to be done with shortcodes on the ipo.

BAZINGA!

system status doesn't show anything when I try to dial from the APP. I can't monitor the user because it isn't an extension. I haven't tried system monitor.

What kind of short code do you think I need to put on the user?

In the one-x WEB portal the user has to log in and set their mobile and home number in their telephony configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back