Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Mobile App with T-Mobile Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOTech2008

Programmer
Feb 12, 2013
US
I have a customer with a IPO500V2 and an Application Server to run VMPro and One-X Portal. Both are running 9.1.11 software. I recently setup the One-X Mobile Preferred app for them to use to field their after hours calls. There is one extension setup to use the app and about 5 different people use the connection one at a time (if it is their turn to be on call). The app is setup and working properly on a mix of Android and iPhone devices. The issue I am having seems to be with the T-Mobile network. Two of the users have T-Mobile as their provider (one Android Galaxy S8 and one iPhone 6s) and both have worked fine when connected to any WiFi from day one. Both users could not connect at all (not even partially connected) when on the mobile network. I found this thread

which discusses the fact that T-Mobile changed their APN protocol to IPv6 only back around 2013 which was causing the issue. I applied the solution of adding IPv4 to the APN to the Android device and it is now working properly on the mobile network. However I cannot figure out how to apply this fix on the iPhone device. It seems that any iOS 9 or newer does not allow you to modify the APN and the iPhone 6s in question is running iOS 11.1. I have been able to replicate the issue on another iPhone 6 (no "s") running iOS 11 that belongs to my coworker also on T-Mobile. Another one of the 5 people using the app is also using an iPhone. However they are using Verizon as their provider and having no issues on the mobile network. It seems to me that the issue is with the T-Mobile setup, but surely I cant be the only one with a customer using iPhone's on the T-Mobile network using the One-X Mobile Preferred app! Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on how to resolve this issue? Thanks!

Still working on this issue. I would really appreciate it if anyone had any input! Does anyone at least have this app working on an iPhone on the T-Mobile network?

I would not rely on this app for receiving "On Call" calls, so many things can cause the app to be disconnected & the call not received.

I would have the IPO calling the Mobile telephone number directly as it is less likely to suffer an issue & its VM would probably suffice to cope with the occasional Out of service condition

Use mobile twinning & place each user in a OOH group, using a mobility button on their office phone they can opt in & out of receiving these calls as needed.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Just wanted to post a follow up on this thread. First thank you for your input IPGuru! I understand the concern with the stability of the app for after hours calls. I discussed the potential for this with the customer before attempting to implement the solution. So far it doesn't seem to be an issue for them. I did take your advise to get around my issue with the T-Mobile iPhone. I ended up setting up twinning for that one user on the after hours extension. I gave the user buttons on their desk phone to enable/disable the twinning on the remote extension. Now when it is their turn to be on call they enable the twinning of the one extension that I setup for the app and the calls always twin to their cell. They still use the app to retrieve voicemail and call out from the company lines when needed. When the user is done being on call they turn the twinning off and the next person on call just uses the app as designed. While I still feel there has to be some solution to using an iPhone on the T-Mobile network this has resolved the issue for me! Thanks again for the help/input! I gave you a star for the efforts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back