Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Mobile App Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOTech2008

Programmer
Feb 12, 2013
US
I have a customer that is using the mobile app with VoIP mode on an IPO 500V2 running R9.1.6. There are 3 users using the app and they all have iPhone's. Everything works fine as far as connecting to the app inside/outside of site. The issue they have has to do with the call handling. If they are connected to a call through the app and a call comes into their cell phone (i.e. they are talking to a customer via the app and their spouse calls them on the mobile number) the app call automatically goes on hold without warning. They can then choose to answer the mobile call or ignore it, then they can resume their call. The issue is that the call automatically goes on hold right in the middle of the conversation. When I test the feature with my Android phone it works as it should (gives me a call waiting beep and I can choose to answer/ignore the incoming mobile call). The best I can understand from the documentation this is how it is supposed to operate with the iPhone. Are there any options I'm missing to fix this issue or is it working as it should? Thanks for all the help.

I haven't used the app that much but considering that iPhone is more strict on what apps can do on the phone I wouldn't be surprised of that is how it should work.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

This is forced by Apple, nothing anyone can do apart from Apple :)

Thank you both for your replies. Unfortunately you confirmed what I thought to be the case. I tried to tell them to get Android phones when their plan renewed around the time we put the system in. We will continue to wait and hope Apple changes their ways and allows this to work properly! Thanks again for the help!

No chance, they will always prioritise cell/mobile calls over apps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back