Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-x Console with physical Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2013
US
I currently have setup 2 one-x consoles with USB headsets, the operators only have control of the incomming calls through the GUI on the computer, by use of keyboard, mouse and listening and talking through a plantronics headset device. While this setup works, it is not reliable. I heard that it is possible to attach a physical IP phone to the onex console, to where the operator would then be able to talk and listen through the physical phone and control the calls with the one-x console, and if the one-x console goes down or crashes then the physical phone would not be effected and maintain working condition, is this possible and how do I go about doing it?

Yes you can do this, you need to install a standard IP phone and log it in with a normal extension, then at the One-X Attendant log in, you need to select Telecommuter mode and populate the "Telephone At" field with the IP extension.

This effectively then creates a partnership between the Attendant console and the IP phone, but ensure your attendant are configured for Auto Answer = Y

with this set-up, when the attendant gets a call, the user can simply lift the handset to answer the call and all is good, they can transfer the call using the PC and directory etc...

In answer to your other question, no if the attendant console is down, then calls will not route to the phone it is usually paired with, as this is an application feature not a CM feature. But the user can use the desk phone to make and receive calls directly, so if the Attendant did crash, you could point all attendant calls to the spare extension temporarily so that it by passes the usual route.

you could put something in to automate this, but this would look at the busy status of the attendant and could eventually cause some confusions.

Hope this is a good starting point for you.

------------------------------------------
Self Taught Genius!!

OP, What issues are you having with One-X Comm? I'm wondering if they're the same issues we are currently having. Do you have a delay when answering or hanging up a call?

Not so much delays in hanging up, but a lot of freezing, loosing connectivity to its phone book database and license. No delays, when it is working, it works good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back