Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One-X Communicator / Sync history with 96xx Terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivonet

Technical User
Mar 14, 2012
DE
Dear all,

i have a question about One-X Communicator working together with terminal 96xx.

A user is working with one extension with both devices. When user is using 96xx terminal the call history will be stored in the file xxx_96xxdata.txt in phone backup folder from http server. When user in using One-X Communicator the call history is stored in file history.xml in the local user folder from One-X Communicator.

Is there any way to sync both files / Devies to get the same call history in both devices? Maybe any settings in the 46xxsettings files or in the configuration from the One-X Communicator.

Thanks for all replys and answers.

sivonet

Good question Sivonet, too bad someone who might have the knowledge hasn't bothered answering it. I came across your post as I am looking for reasons to get (or not get) some 9641G's for executives. Would certainly love to hear of general user acceptance of these and/or other fairly recent Avaya phones.

sivonet - how are you using the 1XCommunicator - deskphone or My Computer ?

if you are using deskphone mode this may keep both call histories in sync, as in reality, the physical handset is actually making the call, aw well as the 1XC client.

Another way to ensure persistent call log is to utilise Client Enablement Services. When in use, all calls made for the handset, 1XC client and also 1X mobile are shared as call history across all devices. This is the case for all call types, inbound, outbound and missed calls.

thanks.

Hi pabxdude,

thanks for your answer.

I think you are right, when the user is using the ONE-X Communicator the whole day in option deskphone, then we have the same history in 96xx terminal and ONE-X Communicator.

What do you mean with the CES Option? I don`t know this product very deep. The user is working the whole day with his deskphone. Later maybe in Homeoffice he is connecting with the CES Client. Then the User has also the history from the Deskphone availible?

Thanks for a short answer

Sivonet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back