Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One way traffic on ITG Trunk Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGJimmy

Technical User
Aug 21, 2008
US
I have 3 ITG card at Corporate and 9 remote sites with an ITG card each. Been working fine for 4 years. Today we started having issues with two of the 9 sites. Found the codec was missing from the ITG Card Properties when using itgCardShow. Downloaded from TM/OTM back the cards. Now the codec is there but at one site we only have one way traffic. They can't call us but we can call them. When we call them, they can hear me but I can't hear them.

Any suggestions?

That was my first question. The answer was no. Two days ago we changed the Managment IP address to get the card off of a Router Modem and onto the network.

I have same issue at one of the customer, i re-transmit everything to those bad site/ITGCards and then reboot them. They work after the reboot.

we are trying that now. We can't remember if we tried that or not. We checked the routing and can ping both ways without trouble.

Nothing new. Still only have one way traffic. They dial me and get a fast busy. I dial them and can't hear them. I can't even hear the phone ring. They say that they can hear me but i can't hear them.

I've only done this once, but I got the same problem figured using this procedure.

Go to wireshark.com and download one of the free sniffer tools there. Then plug your laptop into the rj45 port that you are not using on an i2004 ip phone.

On the ip phone hit mute,up,down,up,down,up,mute,7,goodbye

This will turn let the sniffer program see what the rj45 port that is hooked to the network is seeing. When you make the call it should show you where the problem is. If you are getting blocked somewhere along the way use the ping command on the phone to verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back