Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one way speech (sometimes)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbailey2409

Technical User
Sep 19, 2006
US
I have a cs1000m system that dials over SIP trunks to a fiber remote hanging off my main site option81c. not always, but sometimes the 1000M site initiates the call and the person at theother cannot hear them. they hang up, re-dial and everything seems to be fine.
I was thinking protocol problems but it doesnt happen everytime. Maybe timeslot issues at the remote site?

Can You verify that the IP Packets send by your mediacards have the correct checksum?

I had this issue too, where sometimes the packets of the mediacard had the wrong checksum. I had to open a case for getting a non public patch for the media card

I'm not sure if this is the same issue you're having but I was getting the samething.
What happened to me was this.

When the folks that installed the Signal Server came in there was an old ITG card in our PBX. They installed a new 32 channel media card and just took the ITG off the node and unplugged the nic's from the lans, but left it in the PBX. We would get speech path problems and it was very spuratic. What I finally wound up doing was going to a tdm set and calling an IP phone I setup right next to it over and over and over until it finally did the "No Speech Path"... then I went in and did a TRAC on the TN of the IP phone and finally found it. When I saw the call was using a channel on that ITG card I did a STAT on the entire card and found there were 2 channels that weren't disabled on the ITG and every so often the PBX would pass an incoming call off to that ITG. So it would terminate the call to the ITG but it would be going nowhere. I went in and disabled the entire card. Then I PROMPLY hopped on the phone with this vendor and ripped them a new A$$!

Like I said I dunno if this is your same problem but that's what happened to me.

Aqua

Saw this a while back, and the fix ended up being enabling RTP header compression on all their WAN routers. Some had it enabled, others didn't. Turning it on system wide resolved the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back