Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one way speech path option 61

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbailey2409

Technical User
Sep 19, 2006
US
we have a main option 81 with SIP trunks to option 61's. i am having trouble at only one 61 site with one way speech path issues. i just called that site over the sip trunk and established a call with a user. After a few seconds she could no longer hear me. HELP!

are you running qos?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Our phone network is running on its own network and we do not have any QOS parameter set to limit bandwith usage. Any other ideas?

Also check for IP conflicts. I've seen an intermittent one way SP due to a host on the LAN having the same IP as the VGMC.

Thanks for all the help folks. We did manage to isolate the problem to ports 24-31 on the media card at the option 61 site. With those ports enabled when a call hit that certain port I could not hear the far end caller. Disabling those ports we were not able to reproduce the problem. Ordering a new card, problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back