Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One way dialing issue on two Samsung Systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneman1981

Technical User
Aug 16, 2009
US
Hello: I work for a CLEC that provides copper trunks and internet connection to a local customer here. They have a small 2 year old Samsung key system connected back to the home office via a static IP over the internet. 3 digit dialing between sites did work at one time. Having one way dialing issues now. Local site can call any extension at the home office just fine. However the home office cannot call back this way (To any extension) most of the time, get busy signals. The customer is unhappy the vendor is pointing fingers at the CLEC. Any thoughts what might be causing this issue or the best way to trouble shoot it? Thanks in advance.

It could be to do with the port mapping at the office not letting the VoIP calls through(30,000's ports), or they may have swapped out a router/firewall which could be affecting things.

Hello: CatOnkeyboard. Thanks for the suggestion. I never heard anymore about this from my customer, I assume they must have found something at the main site as you suggested. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back