Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Way Communication 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

frk007

Technical User
Mar 28, 2007
TT
Hi
I am receiving one way audio from my call manager 4.3 to a Cisco IP Phone. The Cisco IP phone is located at a remote site. Can anyone please help

thanks

got it to work was a default gateway problem on site A.

I'm having a similar problem. The difference is that we have one cluster, three office sites and multiple home users. We just recently implemented a subnet at the main office, where Call Manager resides, with the intention of putting the phones on that subnet. The problem is that, when a home user calls a test phone on that subnet, there is no voice traffic either way. However, when someone using the test phone calls a home user, everything works fine. Calls from either of the secondary office sites work fine both ways. We are using a PIX 515 in the main office and Cisco 831s in the home offices. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help provided,
PCTechG

Sounds like a Firewall issue. By default any connection initiated from inside a Firewall is allowed out and the return traffic is also allowed in. But not the other way around. Check your access-lists to see what is different between the home user subnets and the remote site subnets.

Set up sniffer traces on both ends and look for the RTP packets you can use wireshark or ethereal.

There you can see where are the package drop. ;)

Caos is the natural order of things...

I got the same problem , the issue is either a routing issue or a bad mask config,

Check your routing and if the subnet mask is ok ,

this may solve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back