Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Way Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCCDM

Technical User
May 24, 2016
AU
Good Morning,

I have a user on one of my sites that is experiencing one way audio on intermittent calls. Issue occurs approximately once a week / fortnight but only lasts for a few seconds of each call before the audio is returned.

At first I thought it was just an equipment fault but handset has been changed multiple times and so has the cord from phone to wall and in the comms room.

I have also checked the Voice Quality Statistics and can't see any major packet loss but the user is still reporting the issue.

Any ideas on what else can be checked to confirm if it's anything that I could fix? suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

I always forget but system is a 3300 MXe III, Rel 7.2 running active load 13.2.0.17

Also, the one way audio is going in the direction that user on my site is the one that cannot be heard but she can still hear the other end.

Thanks.

what kind of trunking are you using? Does the issue happen on trunk calls or both trunk and internal? One way audio is usually a routing issue.

You can't duct tape stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back