Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one-way audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

desrae

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2005
US
Avaya Aura CM 6.0.1

I have a perplexing issue. There are several extensions in one building that are experiencing one-way talk path issues (the other end can not hear them) on International calls. Not sure if it is all, or just some International destinations. I am in a different building, but am able to make the same call successfully (two-way talk path).

At first I thought it might be a medpro issue, but I have ruled that out. Even an extension in the same cabinet as the outgoing PRI is experiencing the same issue - no VoIP involved.

What else should I be looking at?

However your carrier gets calls out internationally and how cheap they are and what gateway in their network can't pitch to the gateway to the far end.

Go to the corner store and buy a $2 long distance calling card and if that works, its your LD provider :)

I've opened a ticket with the Carrier, and they've opened one with theirs, but they can not see the problem. Any other ideas?

Have you done a trace of a bad call to see if it picks up anything.
If so, post the trace.

I've done several traces, but there seems to be nothing in the trace that distinguishes a failed call versus a successful call.

If you can call to cell phones and local numbers through the same trunk group ok , then this must be a carrier issue.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

We've had a similar issue which turned out to be a problem in the portassignment(range) for the voip calls.

Update ... our carrier finally took the "offending underlying carrier" out of the picture. We made several successful (two way audio) calls after that. So, sure enough, I believe it is a carrier issue, and I think our carrier finally agrees (Thanks kyle555).

sekitori, we verified we had no voip within our environment involved. I suspect the underlying carrier is using voip though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back