Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Way Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

pronei

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
Any idea what would cause intermitent one way audio on internal dn to dn calls and external incoming calls on an 81c rls 3?

Could this be FIJI ring problem?
Cheers!!

I think to exclude the FIJI Cards problem, Do internal calls in the same network group, and see what will hapened....
Regards,

Are these calls handsfree? If so either the caller or the called party, or both, do not have full duplex phones which causes this type of issue when background noise cuts out the talk path on the other phone.

Calls are not handsfree and not a duplex issue.

I've had reported instances occur on multiple network groups, however SLP 16 is where 90% of the problems reside.

I've self tested the controller successfully.

Anything else I should be looking for?

Is this limited to one or a few specific phones, or is it everyone?

Unknown, I've only had a few tickets. It happens so sporadiclly, I'm not sure how to go about it other than replacing network and controller.

The other thing to think about is that this issue may be at the other end of the call and not you. See if you can get an idea of who they are calling when this happens, there may be a common denominator outside of your building.

Check your A, B, C, D, E cables on the back of each network shelf. Make sure all of them are seated firmly and that you don't have one "cocked" out.

War Eagle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back