Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One way audio (towards SIP phone) from MAS Nupoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldosworld

Vendor
Jan 24, 2007
CA
Multi-site customer with MCD 6.0 and Nupoint 6.0 and several phones are old Avaya sets running in SIP mode.
No issues with the new sites.
However they have a branch with and older MCD 4.2 and a MAS 3.0 running Nupoint where we are experiencing issues.
If caller from new site calls old sites voicemail or is rerouted gets one way audio.
The network the SIP phone is on is in the local networks of the MAS.
Tests calls using a 3CX SIP softphone work fine.
Unfortunately the mirroring option is not purchased for the Avaya sets.

Any ideas?

Normally 1 way or no audio is firewall ( blocked ports) or routing

is it only the sip phones that are affected ?

are there any minet phone on that network as well and do they work?

can you traceroute to the MAs from the sip phone and to the sip phone from the mas?

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

There is no gateway in between the sites as it is across an internal network (building to building)
The Minet phones no issue
Traceroute shows 3 hops (same both ways)
If I use a SIP softphone works ok.
Only the Avaya sets running in SIP mode are affected calling the 3.0 MAS with the Nupoint.
Same users can call the other standalone Nupoint fine.

The fix is upgrade the MAS Nupoint server.
Configured Nupoint blade on a new MAS 5.0 added recently for UCA.
No audio issues.
Only configuration difference is MCD ports are trusted service.

[bigsmile]Have you tried filtering the G722 codec on the MCD 6.0 controllers. We had a similar issue after upgrading a cluster to MCD 6.0 but didn't upgrade the Nupoint as it is getting replaced by Exchange.

Filtered G722 codec and it cleared the one way audio

Think he said its fixed

You can't duct tape stupid.

odiefoxydog : the system in question is still at release MCD 4.2 and a test phone on that system had same results as the 6.0 system.

Have the solution now just need the maintenance window to upgrade the MCD's and MAS Nupoint's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back