Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Way Audio on Internal Calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

94astro

Programmer
Jul 21, 2013
US
Hello Pros,

IP Office 10.0.3. We deployed 3 9611 phones at a remote location over a SonicWall VPN. Everything works fine on external calls and internal calls from a remote extension to another remote extension.

When a remote extension calls an extension at the main site, the remote side cannot cannot hear the extension at the main site and same vice versa. We made sure SIP ALG is off on the SonicWall, not sure what else would cause this.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

do NOT allow a direct media path.

Untitled_cnluqy.png

Disabling Direct Media is just a way to fix flaws in your network.

The correct solution would be to fix the routing so phones on separate networks can talk to each other.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

+1 for Jannie78
fix the network and then in the future you don't have any issues with additional IP telephony.

The issue is a route either in the IP Office or the Sonicwall and the resolution should not take more than 5 - 10 minutes (if you have access to both)

Joe W.

FHandw, just expired ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Thanks, I'll ask the IT guy to check his settings on the SonicWall. Not sure what settings in the IP Office would affect this, I have an IP Route built for the LAN1 gateway. This client also has a single phone at another remote site working over NAT which has no audio issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back