Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Vertical Line Too Many...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenoser337

Programmer
Jan 31, 2002
CA
I have a two-column report and I need to separate the two columns with a vertical line. I placed a line in the details section and that gives me my middle separation line...but it also gives me a second line down the right side. How can I get just one line down the middle? Many thanks!!

Can you see the vertical line in design view, or does it only pop up when you are running the report?

I placed the line just after the rightmost control and it only appears in that position in the detail section on the design view. I need a line that doesn't get "doubled up" like the data does, for the second column.

The problem is that the line is part of the column that you have created. Since you have a two column report, you should be able to make the line invisible when you are on an even record, because the second column will have all of the even RecordNumbers.

Try something like this in the Detail_Format event of the report:

Code:
If Me.CurrentRecord Mod 2 = 0 Then
    Me.YourLineName.Visible = False
Else
    Me.YourLineName.Visible = True
End If

Good luck

-Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search